Annual Leave Entitlement – Advice for employees and employers
Employee’s that are engaged on a Contract of Employment or a Contract for Services, are entitled to claim holiday pay while they work with Recruitment Solutions.
Dependent on your contract you are entitled to 5.6 weeks per annum of annual holiday and it is calculated as an average of your basic hours and gross pay over the previous 12 week period.
Guidance for applying for Holiday Pay
- All holiday pay requests must be put in writing and sent into your consultant. Alternatively you can send it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 0844 507 0377. If you would like to download a blank copy of one of our holiday pay request forms, you can find one at the bottom of the page.
- You are obliged to provide double the amount of notice for the length of time that you wish to take as holiday. For example, if you wish to take one weeks holiday, then you should provide two weeks notice.
- Our annual leave year runs from 1st January to 31st December each year.
- You are not entitled to carry any outstanding leave into the following year.
- Our clients have the right to not approve holiday requests if they are unreasonable and has the right to offer alternative dates.
- Your entitlement is calculated as an average of your working day and pay rate for the last 12 weeks of engagement.
- Bank Holidays and Statutory Holidays can be counted as part of your 5.6 weeks but are not automatically paid. They must be requested as holiday days.
For the complete guide to an employee’s right to annual leave, please follow the link to the Government website here
Should you have any questions regarding your annual leave entitlement, please contact your consultant. Alternatively you can speak to our payroll department in our Head Office on 0330 111 5252.